Sunday, November 27, 2011

Pumpkin bread with cream cheese filling

Cheesy goodness and thanksgiving wrapped together gives you this......


.... Pumpkin bread with a cream cheese filling.


So thanksgiving was coming up (last week) and I had a shift scheduled in the hospital that day. Since my family was away traveling, I figured that I might as well be productive and help someone else have a slightly better day. Being in the Emergency Department as a patient on Thanksgiving can be quite depressing, so I wanted to do what I could to make them feel a little better.

But the reason the Emergency Department is constantly running day in and day out are the nurses, the staff, and the physicians who tirelessly work to help these patients in need. While we spend our holidays cooking throughout the day, these folks come in and help patients. I wanted to do something special for them.

Enter this recipe for pumpkin bread (a thanksgiving classic) with a cream cheese filling and walnuts. This comes from Joy of Baking. The recipe is pretty straightforward to make.

Mix the dry ingredients together.



Mix the wet ingredients together



 Make the cream cheese filling - looks watery but I promise it will be fine once it is baked.



Basically, you layer half the batter, pour some of the cream cheese filling, and then dollop the rest of the batter on top. I know it looks like a goopy mess, but trust me, out of chaos, order is born....


And once baked, you can see how lovely it is......

  

I personally don't like cream cheese in this cake, but everyone else loved it, so what do I know :)

Happy belated thanksgiving and I hope you have a great weekend.
Kartik

No comments:

Post a Comment