Saturday, October 15, 2011

Amazing Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies

Hey folks,
Short post today. I'm enjoying the Clinton Foundation Concert on Yahoo! and it's pretty darn amazing, so that's keeping me occupied.

Last week for the hospital shift, I was trying to figure out what I could make that wouldn't take too much time, but would be worthy of giving to a staff of awesome nurses and physicians who help me so much during my shift.

I landed upon a recipe from Smitten Kitchen (of course my go-to-guide).....

Chocolate chip cookies. Of course! Simple, yet decadent. Traditional, yet classic and elegant at the same time.

The recipe from Smitten kitchen did not disappoint! It was absolutely amazing and I made a few small changes. These warm cookies were crunchy on the outside, but soft and chewy inside and the chocolate chips were melting.

1. I cut the white sugar out entirely and used 1/2 a cup of brown sugar only.
2. I made mini cookies :D - because then I can eat a bunch and pretend that I didn't gain so many calories since they were mini.
3. Also by making them mini, I get more cookies for the same batter, so more people can try it.
4. I added a 1/4 tsp of instant coffee to increase the chocolatey flavor (if that's a word).



All in all, I give this recipe two thumbs up!

I'll be back this week with a recipe for what I consider the Queen of cakes - so get ready!

Kartik

No comments:

Post a Comment