Friday, December 9, 2011

A New Phase begins .... my own Baking Challenge



Hey all,
So I was looking back and I realized that it's been a little more than a YEAR since I started. Omg! One year! Can you believe it?

Thank you to all who have stopped by so far and inspire me to keep going.

I've loved making every single baking recipe so far, but now that I've gotten my feet wet, it's time to take it to the next level....

Recently, I had visited Chicago for a medical school interview and to see a friend of mine from Stanford, who happens to run a food blog. You might know it - Foodology.

On one the nights, we visited a used bookstore and my eyes fell upon a first edition of this beauty.



For a baker looking to try new things, this book is amazing because it has detailed instructions, precise measurements and beautiful instructions on how to make everything (pastry/baking wise) possible that they teach at the Culinary Institute of America.

I jumped on it and got it for $20. Looking inside though....



The measurements are really really precise - to the nearest gram or pounds and ounces. 

I didn't have the digital scale but if I was going to take on the challenge of going through the book, I needed one.

Promptly after I got back from Chicago (after several harrowing adventures), I went and got my very own Kitchen digital scale.



Now I can make precise measurements - yes! More importantly, I can take on the challenge.....
.... Go through the entire 1000 pages of this book - kind of like Julie and Julia, but not very romantic. Still it's going to be a lot of fun.

I'll be posting other recipes that I've done prior to this undertaking to break the monotony, but be prepared - this is going to be INSANE! I'm EXCITED!

What's your favorite cookbook?

Kartik

P.S. Are you guys ready to come with me as we go through the book together

No comments:

Post a Comment