Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Chewy Chocolate chip and Almond cookies


So things have been a little crazy around here. I've been trying to wrap things up at Stanford before I graduate in June - I'm excited about that! So I haven't had much time to do a lot of baking. But here's a recipe that I tried a couple of weeks ago, that was really "interesting."

Chewy Chocolate chip cookies. I added slivered almonds to these to give it that extra flavor - plus I love nuts.

Now making these cookies was of course very simple - just a matter of mixing things together, scooping it onto a baking sheet, and baking it off.


But there was something that put me off when I tasted it.

For me, it's a bit too rich. It definitely had the right texture, but I'm not a fan of excessive butter - which is important for the chewiness of the cookie. Now my lab mates clearly disagree with me. When I put it out on the counter, these cookies were gone in a flash - apparently, they were that good.



So I would recommend this recipe for people who love the flavor of butter and don't care about how buttery these cookies are. There is absolutely nothing wrong with these cookies. Like I said, it's just a personal thing.

Enjoy,
Kartik

2 comments:

  1. I'd be all over these cookies!! My philosophy when it comes to food is the more butter the better! Buttery cookies are definitely my fav! Wish I could snag one of yours! Congrats by the way on your upcoming graduation! That's wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy lots of butter, so I would probably love these! They look really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete